We are looking for a Lead Carpenter/Project Manager to join our team!
You should have 10 years of experience in detailed finish carpentry, cabinet building and possess the capability of assuming management responsibilities. The Lead Carpenter/Project Manager assumes those duties that result after the sale. He/she will coordinate all facets from material receipt through installation to insure the job goes smoothly and error free.
The primary carpentry tasks include the following: door and drawer front replacement, drawer box replacement, drawer slide replacement, on-site cabinet modifications, shop builds of custom cabinets, crown and finish molding installation, veneer work, laminate work, light electrical and plumbing, hardware installation and painting. We provide all the tools needed to complete the jobs, and a company work van will be provided when training period is completed.
This is a full time, long term position with the ability to grow with the company. We believe that a positive attitude and the ability to take direction can be more important than years of experience. We enjoy the work we do, the team we work with and the clients we work for.
Our business strives to keep a professional, drama free and stress-free environment. Please reply with your resume or call the number above. You must have a clean driving record and pass a background check and drug test. We are a growing family owned company and treat our team as family. We work together and communicate with our employees and sub-contractors to find the best processes, practices and products to make our clients happy.
The Project Manager reports directly to the Operations Manager and President.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews installation details, verifies that all materials and subcontractors have been ordered, and coordinates job dates with installers, contractors, etc.
- Performs a pre-production site visit to set expectations and appropriate timelines for the homeowner.
- Coordinates timely pickup of materials.
- Arranges for delivery of cabinets, doors, and other products to the job site and coordinates that with the customers.
- Oversees secure loading of materials in vans for transport to the job sites, ensuring that materials arrive undamaged.
- Coordinates final countertop dimensions with the fabricator (if required).
- Inspects the completion of all jobs and forwards information regarding repairs or touch up to the management team.
- Places a follow up call to the customer after the installation is complete to get customer comments and offer a “Thank You”.
- Supervises the smooth and efficient operation of production staff.
- Participates jointly with Operation Manager in conducting regular operations meetings involving:
- Potential or existing problems
- Implementation of new programs or procedures
- Procedural questions or issues
- Recognition of good work performance
- Staff ideas and suggestions
- Involved with Operations Manager and Owners in hiring of support staff
- Reviews and approves vendor invoices for payment.
Lead Carpenter Duties
- Read plans and implement designs.
- Check each job prior to starting to make sure all materials are in the shop.
- Forecast materials requirements weekly and monthly.
- Disconnect plumbing and remove countertops, doors and cabinets without damaging surrounding areas.
- Take accurate measurements.
- Unload materials from trucks and safely stage them at job site, always ensuring no damage to client’s property.
- Keep job sites clean and equipment serviced.
- Cover service areas with protective material.
- Cut lumber to specified dimensions.
- Use plumb bobs, levels, and other equipment.
- Install doors, drawer fronts, drawer boxes and other cabinet components.
- Framing walls.
- Install trim and cabinets.
- Install tile for backsplashes and finish cleanly.
- Coordinate and ensure all projects are completed on time.
- Ability to accurately complete paperwork in a timely manner.
- Ability to talk professionally with homeowners.
- Works closely with the Production Manager.
- Meets or exceeds deadlines.
- Make sure all tools are locked up every day.
- Any additional assigned tasks.
- Train helpers in all tasks assigned above.
To apply please send resume and salary requirements. We look forward to speaking with you!
Kitchen Tune-Up of Johns Island is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of that franchise. All inquiries about employment at this franchise should be made directly to the franchisee, and not to Kitchen Tune-Up Corporate.
Kitchen Tune-Up of Johns Island
Kitchen Tune Up of Charleston/Johns Island is local family owned company that specializes in kitchen remodeling specifically, cabinet refacing, cabinet redooring and new cabinets.
Company Website: www.kitchentuneup-charleston.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)